Saturday, January 21, 2012

Recent Commissions

Due to my extremely poor advertising skills, I usually don't get a lot of commissions. However, there was an awfully strange weekend earlier this month where I was bombarded with about four different requests at once, on top of a commissioned larger work that I was making for my aunt, and had been slacking a bit on. Very unprofessional, but there was no rush.


This is the commissioned picture in question... albeit it's an unfinished scan of it. The finished picture still only has red bits colored in, as she requested. I think the red cape had more of an impact on the first attempt I did at this piece - but I did not care for the picture (plus I realized I had misread the cape requirements!)


I also got three Furcadia portrait commissions from two different people. Zuko came back for a couple more portraits, while an old friend commissioned a portrait as well. I'm extremely proud of how these came out. I do wish the portrait of Ewickly could have had a bit more details in the clothing design, though.
I also got a quick and dirty digital lineart commission. I feel... okay about it. Rather wish I had put more effort into it (or started over), but the commissioner loved it anyway. It's always a sad dissonance, when you feel like you didn't put your all into a paid work, but the person who paid for it sees absolutely nothing wrong. It makes for a rather awkward exchange, especially when you have to send them more final copies because you were fixing your mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment