Friday, December 23, 2011

A Secret Santa gift

I've been trying to keep the two worlds seperate - keep my deviantArt stuff to my deviantArt, and keep the other stuff here. But I really do feel like this deserves a post here.





The picture is of a Raichu character, Roxy, from a deviantArt group called Pokemon Crossing, a crossover between Animal Crossing and Pokemon. I participated in a Secret Santa exchange organized by one of the members, and being myself, I like to put a lot of effort into gifts; I guess I also like to go the extra mile for strangers. I used my precious new Prismacolors for this, and I'm glad I did, it turned out very well!

I just mailed the physical copy of this to the character's owner this afternoon, along with an extra little drawing to go with it, which I didn't scan. I didn't feel I had to. I feel I have a need to get over this idea that I need to share every single thing I've done, or to keep it all. That picture will be like a precious secret, between me and this girl half a continent away, from a deviantArt group and with whom I've barely even spoken with. A secret between me, her, and whomever she wishes to share it with.

I will go as far to describe it, though: it was an ink drawing of my own Pokemon Crossing character, a Froslass named Lycie, holding up the wrapped present and drink mug to the viewer. There was a little note I wrote in the corner, nothing special, just wishing her a happy Christmas. I hope she has a wonderful holiday season, along with everybody else, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment